Ballantyne Business Connections (BBC) meets on the first Monday of the month with the exception of holidays when our meeting is moved to the second Monday of the month. (For 2019, that means our September meeting will be on the 9th.)
To maximize our participants’ value, BBC is limited to TWO members per industry. Membership is $75 per year. If you are interested in learning more about the group including whether or not your category is available, email the board.
1. Business Classifications A. The Group allows two like kind businesses categories to join. B. Guest’s may visit when there is an opening in their category. Members will be responsible for bringing at least 1 guest per quarter in an open industry category. C. The list of available categories are on the google drive. Please clarify your category. (Each business can only fill one category. If your business can cross into multiple categories, please chose the one that coincides with your top income.) D. Membership applications will be reviewed on the 15th and 30th of each month. Applicants will be notified of the board’s decision and will be required to pay the annual dues immediately. 2. Membership List A. All members will be given access to the membership list in the Google drive. Please use the list to set up one-on-one monthly meetings to get to know your fellow members. If we don’t know each other, we cannot recommend each other.
3. Calendar of Events A. All members will be given access to the master Calendar of Events list. This is where you will be able to add your events for the year. Members will be able to post their events on our website. It is the responsibility of the member to post their own events.
4. Social Media A. As a member you are welcome to use the Facebook Page for posting events and providing quality information that would be helpful to the group. We ask that you bring value and not only constant solicitation. It is the responsibility of the member to post their own events.
5. Email/Texting A. Direct contact is for one-on-one correspondence only. Email blasts to the group are a violation of policy and will not be tolerated.
6. Attendance and Meeting Times A. Meetings are held one time a month. It is essential that you make an effort to attend all meetings. Two missed meetings would result in you losing your spot in the group and having to re-apply for your spot. There is no guarantee that you will be accepted back even if there is a spot open in your category. If you are unable to attend a meeting, you are required to have a substitute (guest) represent you at the meeting. Your guest can announce you and any information that you have and them. Then they will be allowed to introduce themselves to the group. Please check the category list of professions that have availabilities so the opportunity would be there for your guest to join.
Regular Meetings and Agenda: We met the first Monday of the month unless the holiday or some adjustment needs to be made due to our location.
11:30 to 11:45 Open networking.
11:45-noon Are member 30 second introductions and announcements.
12-12:15 meeting starts.
Quarterly Socials: Each quarter we will meet for an after hours networking. This will be announced in an Eventbrite invitation. It’s normally between 5 and 7 PM. One-to-One Meetings: Ballantyne Business Connections is about relationships. That's why we encourage our members to schedule one-to-one meetings with other members on a regular basis. Members should have at least 2 one-to-one meetings each month. 7. Sponsorship (Quarterly Socials) A. If you would like to be a sponsor or donate a door prize for one of the quarterly socials, please register on the Google drive or contact a board member. B. Sponsors would be responsible for bringing light appetizers, plates and napkins. If there are two sponsors the cost would be split accordingly. C. All beverages must be supplied by restaurant. We do a cash bar. If the sponsors would like to buy any bottles of wine to start the group off that is up to them. D. We will make a welcoming announcement during the event. The sponsors to be announced entered on Social Media as Sponsors.
8. Member Spotlights A. Members can sign up for the meeting spotlights via the Google Drive. This is a great opportunity to showcase your business and is highly encouraged.
7. By-Laws A. These by-laws are subject to change at any time by the board of directors. Members are required to follow these by laws and are encouraged to contribute to their development. The Board of Director’s reserves the right to terminate a member’s membership at any time and to deny membership applications for any reason.